Applying to Washburn Law: Non-credit Prior Law Student
Your application will be processed when all items listed have been received by Washburn Law.
Applicants in this category have previously attended law school but do not wish to transfer any previous coursework.Your application will be processed when all items listed have been received by Washburn Law.
- Apply Online Via LSAC
- Complete Washburn Law application.
- Attach personal statement.
- Submit $40.00 application fee.
- If you experience technical difficulty with the online application, please call LSAC's help desk at (215) 968-1393.
- Submit to Credential Assembly Service (CAS) (learn more about CAS):
- Official Law School Admission Test (LSAT) scores.
- Transcripts from all institutions of higher education attended.
- At least one letter of recommendation is required. No more than three letters will be accepted.
- Submit the following items directly to Washburn Law (see below for address):
- Letter of recommendation from former law professor.
- If you were not in good standing, please refer to ABA Standard 505 for additional requirements.
- Final official transcript for all law classes completed at your prior law school.
At Washburn Law:
- Completed applications are sent to Admissions Committee for review and decision on a rolling basis.
- You can check the status of your application at anytime 24/7.
- Admitted applicants are contacted by phone.
- Packet with acceptance and enrollment instructions is mailed to admitted student.
Please contact us at (800) WASHLAW ((800) 927-4529) or admissions [at] washburnlaw.edu (toll-free is for Admissions only; cannot be transferred to other departments).
Washburn Law Address
Washburn University School of Law
Attn: Law Admissions Office
1700 SW College Ave.
Topeka, KS 66621