The Law Library Reference Staff primarily supports the legal research needs of the students, faculty and staff of the Washburn School of Law, the Washburn University community, and attorneys and citizens of Kansas. The Reference staff also answers questions from non-Kansas residents that relate specifically to Kansas law.
The Reference Staff cannot interpret or explain the law to you or advise you on what laws apply to your situation. We cannot give such legal advice because it would constitute the unauthorized practice of law.
The Reference Staff can:
- help you identify and locate needed legal materials in the Reference Collection and elsewhere in the library.
- instruct in the use of various legal resources in print, microform, and electronic formats
- locate facts such as names and telephone numbers
Assistance may be available beyond stated Reference hours. Please ask at the Circulation Desk.
- Monday-Thursday: 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m
- Saturday: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Sunday: Noon-8:00 p.m.
- Monday - Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Saturday: 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.