December 2014 Commencement for Class of 2015
December 2014 graduates of Washburn University School of Law will participate in the Washburn University Commencement ceremony.
- Date: Friday, December 12, 2014.
- Location: Washburn University, Petro Allied Health Center, Lee Arena, located at 20th and Mulvane Avenue. Enter from Washburn Avenue at 20th Street.
- Directions: Available on the Washburn University web site. See also directions to the law school.
- Parking: Free parking on the east side of Petro.
- Arrive: 5:45 p.m.
- Secure belongings: Room 125 will be secured for personal items stored during the ceremony.
- Line-up: Hallway across from room 105; Name Cards will be handed out at this time.
- Group photo: 6:00 p.m.
- Procession: Professor Myrl Duncan is the Law School Marshal and will guide graduates through the ceremony.
- Ceremony begins: 6:30 p.m. and is expected to last less than two hours.
- Regalia Return: Room 224.
- Reception begins: Immediately following commencement ceremony.
- Invitation: All family and guests, including children, are invited.
- Location: Petro Allied Health Center, Room 210 (McPherson Room, 2nd floor, north end). The reception will conclude at 10:00 p.m.
Course Audit Information
If you have any questions about whether or not you have completed all requirements for graduation in December 2014, please contact Donna Haverkamp, Student Records Administrator, in the Deans' Office, Room 203 (firstname.lastname@example.org or (785) 670-1661).
Graduation Name Cards
December 2014 graduates must download, complete (remember to Save), and return Name Cards (90 KB PDF) prior to commencement. Email your completed Name Card to email@example.com (please contact Gwyn Nelson, Deans Suite, Room 203, if you are unable to download the form).
Graduation announcements may be ordered from CB Announcements, cbgrad.com or call (800) 433-0296.
Class rings are may be ordered through the Jostens' website.
RegaliaRegalia should be available to pick up starting December 4th if ordered by the Octobr 31st deadline. You will receive an e-mail from the Ichabod Shop (Washburn bookstore) when your rental commencement regalia (tam, gown, hood, tassel) has arrived and can be picked up at the cash register in the Ichabod Shop in the Memorial Union. Please be prepared to show your ID (Washburn or drivers license). If someone will be picking up regalia for you, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org so this can be noted on the pick-up form. Orders made after the October 31st deadline will incur additional shipping charges.
Regalia should be returned after the ceremony to Petro 224. If you need to keep regalia over the weekend please contact Rhonda Wedel prior to the ceremony.
Notes about your rental regalia:
- To relax wrinkles in your regalia, please hang it close to the shower. Ironing is not recommended.
- Tams are one-size. The tams arrive separately from the gown, hood and tassel package. Please make sure you get all pieces when you pick up your regalia.
Commencement is a celebration to honor and recognize the achievements of all graduates. With respect to all, it is expected that graduates and their families and friends will remain for the entire ceremony. Commencement is expected to last approximately two hours. Please make your plans accordingly.
No tickets are required. The event is open to the public.
University staff will be available to assist guests with special needs; however, it is important that those guests requiring assistance and/or special seating notify the Washburn University Student Services Office at (785) 670-1629, or email@example.com, at least 2 weeks in advance.
Parking is available at no charge in the parking lot on the east side of Petro Allied Health Center.
We have made arrangements with a professional photographer take pictures of all graduates during the ceremony. Photos will be taken of the hooding, in front of the banner and of the handshake with Dean Romig.
Group Photo at Commencement
Washburn University School of Law Alumni Services will have a professional photographer take a group photo of the December graduates promptly at 6:00 p.m. Please meet in the hallway across from Petro room 105 by 5:45 p.m. in order to line up for the photo.
Download, complete (remember to Save), and return Name Card to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information about hotels and motels in Topeka is available at the Visit Topeka Inc. website (convention / visitors bureau).
Commencement for May and summer 2015 graduates will be held Saturday, May 16, 2015, beginning at 6:30 p.m. in Lee Arena of the Petro Allied Health Center on the Washburn Campus. Weather permitting, graduates will march in procession from the Law School at 6:05 p.m. to Lee Arena. The commencement ceremony is expected to conclude by 8:00 p.m.
A Champagne Reception, hosted by Washburn University School of Law, will be held in Washburn rooms A & B in the Memorial Union immediately following commencement.