The Professional Development Office coordinates career planning programs and services for Washburn Law students and alumni.
Services for students include:
- assessing their career goals,
- exploring the many and varied applications of a legal education,
- providing access to Symplicity, an online program used for searching and applying for employment opportunities and storing numerous career option resources, and
- supporting the transition to a professional career.
Services for alumni include:
- identifying and discussing career strengths and interests,
- investigating alternative career paths,
- evaluating options when making career changes, and
- providing access to Symplicity, an online program used for searching and applying for employment opportunities and storing numerous career option resources.
The office is a clearinghouse for information related to career opportunities in all areas of legal employment and postgraduate study. Services include individual career counseling, job search skill development, document preparation and review, and group presentations on various career options and job search skills.
Professional Development Office
1700 SW College Avenue
Topeka, KS 66621
career [at] washburnlaw.edu