Washburn Lawyer, Fall 2009
Commencement: Class of 2009; Legacies; Honorary Degrees (609 KB PDF)
Highlights from the 2009 Washburn Law graduation ceremony; McFarland and Sloan receive Honorary Degrees.
Alumni Association Awards: Distinguished Service Award; Honorary Life Membership; Lifetime Achievement Awards (327 KB PDF)
The Washburn University School of Law Alumni Association Board of Governors presented its annual awards.
Advancement: Planned Giving; Recent Endowments (167 KB PDF)
John Shamberg '37 was, throughout his distinguished life, an enthusiastic and generous supporter of Washburn University School of Law; Alumni support the law school through endowments and scholarships.
Pro Bono: Embracing a Professional Obligation to Give Back (1.2 MB PDF)
The program encourages students to understand and embrace their future professional obligation to provide legal services to individuals of limited means.
Donor Honor Roll: List of Contributors; Honor/Memorial Contributions; Student Testimonials (3.6 MB PDF)
Washburn Law Library (408 KB PDF)
Washlaw research portal redesigned; additions to print and digital collections; web publication of court decisions; open blogs for Washburn Law Community; lifetime e-mail addresses; Bob Dole exhibit.
- Centers for Excellence (238 KB PDF)
- Washburn Law Clinic (197 KB PDF)
- Institute for Law Teaching and Learning (151 KB PDF)
- Admissions - Fall 2009 Entering Class (277 KB PDF)
151 students from 22 different states.
- Best Bang for Your Buck (162 KB PDF)
Washburn University School of Law is ranked 31st of all 200 law schools in the United States.
- "Students First" Scholarship Campaign Launched (162 KB PDF)
A new scholarship campaign to enhance Washburn Law's strategy to target highly-qualified students with larger scholarships.
In Every Issue
- Letter from the Dean (220 KB PDF)
- Letter from the President (183 KB PDF)
- Class Actions (198 KB PDF)
Your classmates and their accomplishments.
- In Memoriam (129 KB PDF)
In remembrance of alumni who have passed away.
- Alumni News and Events Board of Governors; Chicago Alumni and Admissions Reception; Where Washburn Law Alumni Reside in the United States; Class of '84 Celebrates 25-Year Reunion; Where Washburn Law Alumni Reside in Kansas. (503 KB PDF)
- Faculty News (117 KB PDF)
- Save the Date: U.S. Supreme Court Swearing-In Ceremony (May 24, 2010) (248 KB PDF)
- Front Cover & Table of Contents (396 KB PDF)
- Back Cover (Upcoming Events) (214 KB PDF)