Washburn Lawyer, Spring 2011
106th Commencement: Class of 2011; Legacy Graduates; Honorary Degrees (939 KB PDF)
Highlights from the May 2011 and December 2010 Washburn Law Graduation Ceremonies; Bernie A. Bianchino, '74, and Richard C. Hite, '53, receive Honorary Degrees.
Wrongful Convictions Class Examines Real-Life Cases (388 KB PDF)
Rebecca Woodman, '87, brings the experience of wrongful convictions to Washburn Law students through researching the Ronald "Ronnie" Rhodes case.
Celebrating 50 Years: Washburn Law Journal (614 KB PDF)
Remarks from past editors highlight Washburn Law Journal 50th anniversary celebration; Presentation of Kuether, GNIP-GNOP, and Ensley awards.
Washburn Law Students Meet Justice Sonia Sotomayor of the U.S. Supreme Court (271 KB PDF)
Washburn University School of Law students attend the event "A Dialogue with Justice Sotomayor."
Conquering Mountains on Winter Break (373 KB PDF)
Members of the Washburn Law Equal Justice Works student organization devote their January winter break to helping the homeless in Washington, D.C.
My Barbados Experience: Studying in the Sun (837 KB PDF)
Law student Lauren Tevis reports on her 2010 Summer Study Abroad Program on Barbados and experience in a new culture.
Advancement: Planned Giving; Recent Endowments (357 KB PDF)
Allen and Kay Mitchem Scholarship Benefits FHSU Graduates. Other recent endowments and scholarships have been enhanced or established by Bud and Peggy Cowan; Ronald DeMoss; Senator Robert J. Dole; Dwight D. Dumler; GTrust; Professor J.B. Reeves and Julie Reeves; Gorny/Waugh; Sharp McQueen, P.A.; Manuel B. and Y. Margot Mendoza and Family; Jerry and Margaret Norton; Tom and Lucy Loftus; Dean Thomas J. and Pamela J. Romig; Calvin K. and Diane L. Williams.
- Centers for Excellence
- Children and Family Law Center (190 KB PDF)
- Center for Law and Government (153 KB PDF)
- Center for Excellence in Advocacy (538 KB PDF)
Law student Christina Hansen reports on students' visit to Shawnee County Correctional Facility
- Business and Transactional Law Center (799 KB PDF)
Law student Ryan Smith Reports on "A Day in the Life at Hinkle Law Firm"
- Washburn Law Clinic (192 KB PDF)
Clinic Experience Heightens Student Marketability.
In Every Issue
- Letter from the Dean (180 KB PDF)
- Letter from the Alumni Association President (159 KB PDF)
- In Memoriam (128 KB PDF)
In remembrance of alumni who have passed away.
- Class Actions (368 KB PDF)
Your classmates and their accomplishments.
- Faculty News (232 KB PDF)
New faculty members, new assignments.
- Alumni News and Events Board of Governors; Alumni Receptions; Class of 1986 25-Year Reunion; 6th Annual Alumni Golf Tournament and Ethics CLE; Dean's Circle; Your Lifetime E-mail Address is Waiting for You; Get these Washburn Law items for yourself or as gifts! (596 MB PDF)
- Front Cover & Table of Contents (329 KB PDF)
- Back Cover (Upcoming Events) (236 KB PDF)